Welcome to Mme. Chenu's French class webpage. Please come back often for announcements, links to fun games and study tips.
Learn French and have Fun!
Visit the links below for a variety of games to practice French:
1. Quia.com : Thousands of games - Search for French games related to unit of study
2. Disney.fr : Disney games in French
3. tfo.org/jeux : Games from télé-français
4. Paires-Eclairs : Fun, matching game (vocabulary practice)
5. Digitaldialects : Variety of games using basic vocabulary
6. Zut : List of French games and resources by topic
7. Gramm-O-L'eau: Challenge yourself with various interactive grammar games!
- Picture Dictionary : Basic vocabulary with English-French translations
- French-English Dictionary: Search English or French words at the top of this website
- Picture Vocabulary: Listen and learn vocabulary related to your unit of study
- Bon Patron: Check your writing by typing in French, and it will show you where you need to make corrections. (Note: It does NOT make the corrections for you, but it can be helpful to see if you've made mistakes)
- Listen to Anything you want! : Practice for your presentation by typing in any French words or phrases, and listen to how it's pronounced by several French speakers.
French classroom commands - Be familiar with common Classroom phrases with these flashcards
Typing French accents - This page gives you the "ALT" codes to type French accents on a PC
On-line French keyboard - Use this page to type in French. You may copy and paste it to other documents
Junior Verb List - A list of 100 most common verbs listed in alphabetical order from English to French
Intermediate Verb List - Download a list of over 600 verbs listed in alphabetical order in both English and French; Common verbs are highlighted
Conjugator: Help with conjugations? Type in any verb and see a list of conjugations in different tenses. Make sure you choose the CORRECT tense for your writing!
Why Learn a New Language?
Video ONE - funny video
Video TWO - reasons to learn a foreign language
Video FOUR - Foreign Language Ad (funny)
Video FIVE - Foreign Language Ad (funny)
Pourquoi take French - music video by Etienne
One charter, Two languages - a video from the government of Canada, showing why many young people across Canada continue to study French/English in order to be bilingual
Workopolis - search a list of current jobs in Ontario, and see how many jobs have French as an asset! (Search: Bilingual, French & English)
High School French Credits - What do you need to graduate from High School? Click on the link to see the complete list. At least one Gr.9 French as a second language is compulsory
Aux Champs-Élyées - karaoke Sing-along the popular song about Paris
Vive le vent - Jingle Bells in French
Mon beau sapin - O Christmas Tree in French
Nuit étoilée - Silent Night in French
Le père noël arrive ce soir - Santa Clause is coming tonight (in French)
Au royaume du bonhomme hiver - Holiday songs
Page Last Updated:
A teacher website
- Get your own!
Concerns about this page?
Please let us know